Tablet PC GPS Fleet Tracking: Is it right for your operation?
Getting more work done, faster, directs more revenue toward your bottom line.
For a growing number of companies who rely on vehicles, GPS fleet tracking is providing superior time- and money-saving advantages. If you have vehicles headed to customer homes or business facilities, or employees driving company cars for business purposes, GPS tracking can help:
- Increase efficiency and productivity.
- Improve scheduling planning and flexibility.
- Reliably meet customer expectations with on-time arrival and work completion.
- Monitor driving practices to identify risks and potential efficiencies.
And when you team GPS fleet tracking with a rugged tablet PC you have an even more valuable tool. Rugged tablets are full-size smart but portable computers with the built-in mobility to go wherever you need them. A rugged tablet easily supports your GPS tracking system but also augments it, giving your personnel expanded capability and flexibility to be more productive.
Could a GPS tracking system and Rugged Tablet PC help you?
Rugged Tablet PCs support these application functions:
- “Snapshot” dashboard that summarizes essential information.
- Route replay, to review each vehicle’s entire route.
- Vehicle alerts that indicate anomalies based on pre-set parameters such as speed, geographic range, etc.
- Vehicle grouping to organize your fleet into any combinations that make sense for your operation.
- Landmarks, or “geofencing” – map-based marking of specific relevant locations or areas.
- Reporting that enhances information review and evaluation by managers at all levels.
- Application hosting, both the physical “infrastructure” used to house the GPS application and how you’ll access the app.
And don’t forget mobility. We’re talking about your vehicles, and rugged tablets aren’t just super-tough, they’re made to be mobile. You can even monitor fleet activities from off-site locations, receiving real-time information to most effectively manage operations and respond quickly to any problems.
A rugged tablet PC makes it easy to exploit advanced GPS fleet tracking options, too, like:
- Two-way communication.
- In-cabin navigation.
- Work order tracking.
- Integration with other applications.
- Data export.
- On-board diagnostics.
- Route optimization.
The only GPS fleet tracking functions that matter are the ones that apply to you.
Clearly there are lots of options, but your business and your needs are unique. What do you need to track? What are your current “pressure points” that particularly need addressing? Consider all the elements that involve your vehicles and drivers. If you’re already using rugged tablet PCs for other applications, making the move to GPS fleet tracking could be even easier.
Do you homework to learn about providers, too, to ensure the right match.
Proven to pay for itself.
Studies have shown you can quickly recover your GPS fleet tracking investment with right-off-the-bat savings that can be significant. Often systems include built-in ROI calculators that show returns based on your specific benchmarks. Benefits can include:
- More on-time arrivals.
- More jobs completed per day.
- More accurate time reporting and labor costs.
- Less overtime.
- Lower fuel consumption from too-frequent stops or excessive idling time.
- Lower risk of driving-related problems such as speeding or unauthorized travel.
- Lower overall cost per truck roll.
- Ability to compare individual driver performance.
Using GPS fleet tracking can also help include your whole team in planning and implementing improvements, which in turn generates better planning for things such as workflow and maintenance scheduling. You can identify patterns that, if changed, could save money, improve productivity and ultimately make you more competitive.
What advice would you give someone considering GPS fleet tracking?
For more information on Rugged Tablet PCs from MobileDemand, contact our qualified sales representatives at 1.877.784.4338, request for more information, visit the MobileDemand blog, Rugged Tablet PC website or MobileDemand online store.