Rugged Tablets for Field Services
Field service organizations rely on rugged tools that can weather any environment and situation, and the same is true for their mobile computing and communication devices. Professional services, public utilities, maintenance and repair services, and telecommunications operations all face similar challenges—difficult weather, tight schedules, real-time communication and the need for centralized data access and input.By providing innovative rugged technology for field service industries, we're helping frontline workers do more where the work gets done.
- Public Utilities – From managing customers, capacity, personnel and regulatory requirements, productivity can be a challenge for a water, gas, electric or sanitation utility. Ruggedized tablets are valuable tools for streamlining operations, ensuring on-time service, managing and scheduling repairs and maximizing resources.
- Maintenance and Repair Services – As maintenance timelines are stretched by unforeseen circumstances and budget cuts, rugged tablets are an economical way to optimize resources, manage field personnel, track work orders and ensure the delivery of necessary parts and equipment.
- Telecommunications – What's typically required in the telecom industry is a tablet that can withstand the elements, both in-vehicle and while the worker is out on foot, with constant access to work orders and other real-time information.
Benefits of a Field Service Tablet
- Increase efficiency and productivity
- Improve customer satisfaction and service levels
- Optimize resource utilization and save on fuel costs
- Real-time access to data at the point of service
- Improve data accuracy and eliminate duplicate work
- Capture images of damaged items for no-questions claims processing
- Accelerate payment cycles
- Delivery route optimization
- Work order management
- Proof of service and payment collection
- Asset management
- Shipping and receiving
- Workforce automation
- Resource optimization
- Industrial equipment maintenance
- Home repair and service
Field Tablet Features
- Engineered for temperature exposure, vibration, drop, shock, dust and water resistance
- Standard, full-screen software applications that run in a full Windows environment
- Intel processor for graphic and data intensive applications
- Secure connectivity for real-time communication
- Easy release vehicle mounted tablets
- All-light readable display for indoor and outdoor use
- Integrated, tethered or wireless barcode scanning to ensure accurate data input
- RFID reading through optional devices
- Color cameras
- Credit card reader option for payment at the point of transaction
Download our mounting white paper
Title: A step-by-step guide to mounting rugged tablets
Content: Ruggedized tablets improve productivity, worker safety, and information flow, but only if configured and mounted correctly.
HVAC technicians streamline service calls using Surface 3 tablets with rugged Surface cases. Provides digital access to work orders, invoicing, manuals and more.
Many electronic devices claim things such as “water resistant” or “water proof.” However, how do you know if they are what they actually claim …
Having complete screen visibility is crucial for frontline workers, but an intense glare or a shattered screen can halt work on the spot. A shattered screen may take your tablet out of commission for …
In winter or cold climates, ice and snow won’t be the only thing that may pose as a problem to your tablets. If you work out in the field, consumer grade technology, designed for stable and …