Forklift mounted rugged tablets with Android or Windows® operating systems are replacing traditional data collection forklift mounted devices (both handheld and mounted). Rugged tablets have the advantage they can be removed and used off the forklift - to scan barcodes, inspect product, or simply move from one forklift to another, quickly and easily. The rugged tablets are usually docked in a forklift or vehicle dock with a lever that allows quick removal.
Today's secure, enterprise-ready rugged tablets are built to handle the complex data collection which is required to keep the facilities operating at maximum efficiency. MobileDemand offers vibration-resistant tablet solutions that can be mounted directly to the forklift, power the device via the fork truck battery (optional), and connect to peripherals such as a handheld scanner or full QWERTY keyboard.
Certain tablets include the ability to enhance the WiFi connection by utilizing an external antenna, including the xTablet 1680. There are also several power options available, including wiring the tablet dock to the fork truck battery or using XL battery packs. Contact your MobileDemand Tablet Expert at 319.363.4121 or Sales@MobileDemand.com to help you determine the perfect setup.
Forklift-Mount Rugged Tablets
Rugged tablets with vehicle dock recommended for forklift mounting for use in in warehousing and manufacturing facilities include various screen sizes (8, 10, 11, 12 inch), mid to high performance, and Windows or Android, all with sophisticated forklift mounts.
- xTablet T1680 - 11.6 inch screen size, high performance with forklift mount docking
- xTablet T8650 - 8 inch screen size, high performance with forklift mount docking
- xTablet T1150 - 10.1 inch screen size, mid performance with forklift mount docking
- xTablet T1270 - 12.2 inch screen size, high performance with forklift mount docking
- xTablet T1180 - 10.1 inch screen size, high performance with forklift mount docking
Rugged Tablet with Forklift Mount vs. Traditional Vehicle Mount Terminal
Rugged Tablets with Forklift Mounts
- High test standards including going beyond MIL-STD vibration profile requirements
- Mobile barcode scanning with integrated barcode scanner
- Battery options which can last longer than an entire shift, possibly eliminating need to connect to forklift power
- Less expensive than traditional VMTs
- Fully compatible with WMS, barcode scanners, printers, etc.
- Full-fledged Android or Windows operating system for increased productivity
- Terminal emulation capability
- Managed device with Android 9 GMS and SOTI certified (certain models)
- Very expensive
- Fixed only - cannot be mobile and swapped between vehicles
- No option for integrated barcode scanning for mobile scanning
- No built-in battery - terminal can lose power frequently with power surges
- Bulky and obscures driver's view
- Limits productivity due to limited functionality
For warehouse and production facilities worldwide, the efficient movement of materials and employees alike is key to running a successful operation. For Minnesota-based Japs-Olson, this involves more than 30 forklifts, 700 employees and a forklift-mounted tablet solution accurately tracking inventory and keeping the mobile workforce as productive as possible at all times.
MobileDemand utilizes RAM Mounting Systems and Gamber Johnson for the attachment hardware of forklift-mounted tablets. They provide a sturdy, vibration-resistant grip for ease of installatoin and optimal mobile computing and viewing experience. While most-end users prefer the device to be mounted from the top overhead guard and placed either eye-level or slightly overhead, there are other options for where to position the mount:
- Overhead guard (No drilling required)
- Dashboad (dash)
- Bar (one of the four vertical bars from the cab and supporting the overhead guard)
- Step (floor panel, drilled into the footstep)
Indoors and Outdoors
Most MobileDemand tablets are designed for operation both inside and outside the four walls. Covered and sealed ports ensure that no water or dust can penetrate the device, making it an ideal solution for forklift operations outdoors in extreme temperatures and varying weather conditions.