Firstline workers all over the world, spanning countless environments and workflows in industries such as manufacturing, retail, restaurants, and more, are using MobileDemand rugged tablets and cases to achieve more. Many of these devices get passed from one person to the next as shifts change throughout the day. Now, more than ever, it is highly recommended that organizations adopt processes for routine cleaning and disinfecting devices for the health and safety of employees and customers.
Steps to take to safely clean your MobileDemand rugged device:
- Turn off the device.
- Ensure the battery is properly installed. This prevents liquid from entering the device.
- Use a pre-moistened disinfectant wipe. If using a liquid solution, apply the cleaning solution to a sterile cloth and remove any excess liquid.
- Wipe all surfaces of the MobileDemand device with the sanitary cloth. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for use.
- Use a dry, sterile cloth to dry the device after cleaning.
- Use a cotton-tipped swab to clean between buttons or other recessed areas of the tablet.
- Allow the device to completely air dry before turning on the power and/or charging.
- The display can be wiped down with alcohol wipes, ensuring there is no pooling of liquid occurring around the edges of the display. Dry the display with a soft, non-abrasive cloth to prevent streaking.
Be aware of the following warnings and precautions when cleaning MobileDemand devices:
- Use personal protection when using cleaning solutions.
- Never use abrasive cloth when cleaning the scanner, camera or the display.
- Do not use the cleaning solutions on fabric or leather surfaces.
- Avoid pooling the cleaning solution on any part of the product to prevent moisture from entering any openings.
- Do not use bleach as it is corrosive to connectors.
Approved cleaning solutions for MobileDemand devices:
When used properly, the following disinfectants should not harm the device. We advise reviewing the disinfectant solution's manufacture labeling regarding its efficacy against specific infectious pathogens.
- Hydrogen peroxide
- PDI® Sani-Cloth Prime Germicidal Disposable Wipe - Isopropyl alcohol 55%, ammonium chlorides .25%
- Diversey® Virex II - Ammonium chloride 8.7%
- Windex® Original by SC Johnson Company - Isopropyl alcohol and ammonia
- Acetic acid, 10% in water
- Ethyl alcohol, 10% in water
- Mild soap solutions
Questions? Contact the MobileDemand Support Team for more information.