Rugged Tablets for Healthcare
Utilizing rugged tablets in healthcare improves the patient-centric experience by incorporating efficiencies, simplification and accuracy into the processes. During patient check-in and registration, incoming patients can utilize self-service rugged tablets to enter their health history and swipe their credit card for co-pay processing. Emergency medics mount the rugged tablets in the cab of the ambulance and quickly remove the tablet to use for emergency patient care software, aiding in both patient care documentation and transfer-of-care to the hospital quickly. Rugged tablets improve blood center processes and can be easily mounted as assistive medical technology to wheelchairs as well as in-hospital mobile carts for variety of patient care, machine calibration and maintenance.
Trending Healthcare Applications
Rugged Tablet for Patient Registration and Check-in
As part of patient-centric initiatives, many healthcare institutions automate patient check-in, registration, and health history collection with a self-service rugged tablet to improve speed and experience in the waiting rooms. Streamline patient intake by replacing paper forms on clipboards while avoiding costly and error-prone transcriptions. Rugged tablets can even take copayments while outfitted with latest, secure and encrypted credit card reading swipe and chip readers. Especially during critical busy times or in-clinic/in-patient floor waiting room settings where space is an issue, rugged tablets can be a better solution than floor-standing kiosks. Rugged tablets cost less and take up less space than kiosks.
Emergency Medical Services, Ambulances, & First Responders
Providing immediate care in urgent situations means every minute counts. Ambulance paramedics / emergency medical technicians (EMTs), fire and first responders are able to utilize lightweight rugged tablets designed to assess and prepare for patient needs prior to scene arrival. Upon arrival, the need for a rugged tablet is apparent in the ever critical and first stage to rush to the patient. The rugged paramedic tablets are mounted in the front compartment cab of the ambulance and can be quickly removed with a snap mount release. Utilizing the patient care software for emergency medicine, the tablets can improve care in the field and in the interior of the ambulance - also allowing for a quick and easy snap mount near the captain's seat, walls, cabinets or counter. Finally, the use of lighter-weight rugged tablets by paramedics speeds up the transfer-of-care to the hospital.
Blood Center Operations
To make the life-saving blood donation process as quick and painless as possible, blood centers utilize tablets for check-in, registration, and health history collection. The rugged tablets can also scan patient wristbands, documentation (paperwork), medical supplies and blood collection bags.
Mounting Rugged Tablets as Assistive Technology
Tablets help provide personal mobility to people needing assistive technology. Assistive technology helps bring the latest and innovative devices such as iPads, Android tablets, and Windows devices like the Microsoft Surface with rugged cases by MobileDemand with flexible adapters that utilize standard mounts. Now, one can mount these devices with a truly proven rugged case and secure mounting with quick release to wheelchairs and other mobility scenarios.
Rugged Tablets on Medical Carts
Rugged tablets or tablet devices with rugged cases are commonly mounted or embedded into in-hospital mobile carts for variety of patient care applications, connecting to barcode readers and other medical equipment. They can be used for medical equipment maintenance, calibration, and inspections.
- Faster registration and convenient check-in process to alleviate long waits at front desk
- Tablets cost less and easier to implement in busy times, especially in smaller waiting rooms and patient floor settings.
- Rugged tablets are mobile to allow deployment where most urgently needed, not fixed.
- Reduce costly paperwork and eliminate data entry and transcription errors such as basic patient information and insurance details
- Emergency Medical Technicians can send photos, video and information for patient arrival to hospital
- Protect patient data and sensitive information
- Minimize downtime and future replacement costs
- Investment protection and reduce interruptions with proven rugged tablets, rugged cases, and screen protectors
- Avoid damage from accidental drops with a rugged protective case or rugged tablet
- Secure, user-friendly Windows Pro, iPad iOS and Android OS
- Proven rugged to military standards (MIL-STD 810G) drop, shock, water resistance, dust and temperature exposure
- Long-life battery options to withstand long hospital handovers while remaining up and running
- Easy to carry and hold with comfortable back hand strap and briefcase handle
- Integrated, tethered or wireless barcode scanning to ensure accurate data collection
- Secure WiFi, LAN and WWAN connectivity for real-time communication in the field and in the clinic.
- GPS for location stamping and turn-by-turn directions
- Available handheld, stationary or vehicle-mounted options