Rugged Tablets for Manufacturing
A manufacturing business is any business that uses components, parts or raw materials to make a finished good. These finished goods can be sold directly to consumers or to other manufacturing businesses that use them for making a different product. Manufacturing businesses in today's world are normally comprised of machines, robots, computers and humans that all work in a specific manner to create a product.
To keep people productive and parts organized, businesses empower mobile workers with rugged Windows tablets. Equipping them with the right tool for the job means more work getting done in less time while have better insight into inventory, projects, downtime, etc. View family of manufacturing tablet devices.
Workforce Health Checks
Many companies are making the choice to implement health checks for their employees upon entrance to the facility. With MobileDemand’s rugged xTablets, you can easily conduct and track workforce health checks, all while our rugged xCases keep the device protected. Check out 5 ways our tablets are streamlining health checks.
- Repetitive – Best described as having a dedicated production lines that turn out the same item, or a closely related product, 24/7. Speeding up or slowing down the speed of the operation modulates differences in customer demand. There is little setup and changeover activity.
- Discrete – Discrete manufacturing covers a range of projects from few setups and changeovers to frequent setups and changeovers. The products being made may be alike or highly disparate. The more unlike the products are, the longer is the unproductive set-up and tear-down time.
- Job Shop – Job shops rarely have production lines, they have production areas. That designated area may assemble only one version of a product, a dozen versions, or even a couple dozen.
- Process (continuous) – These types of operations are analogous to repetitive; meaning they run 24/7. The process to create the final product is typically a diverse set of processes.
- Process (batch) – Sometimes one batch is all it takes to meet client/customer demand, and sometimes it takes several batches. In some instances, batch processes can be continuous in nature, making one batch after another of the same product.
- Improve workplace and customer COVID-19 screenings by easily attaching a thermal camera to our rugged xCases to record and track temperatures upon entering the facility. Other screening measures, such as pulse oximetry and questionnaires about general health, recent travel, or exposure, can be recorded as well.
- Ensure quality control
- Ensure shipping and inventory accuracy
- Optimize efficiency
- Improve product turns
- Track goods from production to loading
- Real-time project status updates
- Improve customer satisfaction and retention
- Workplace health checks
- Volume dimensioning for accurate billing
- Shop floor data collection
- Work in progress (WIP)
- Shipping and receiving
- Quality assurance
- Time & attendance
- Inventory management / tracking
- Pick and put away functions
- Cross dock / LTL
- Handheld, stationary or forklift-mounted handling options
- Standard full screen software applications that run in standard Windows environments
- 3D camera for precise volume dimensioning
- External WiFi antenna for improved connectivity
- Built to survive extreme vibrations and temperatures
- Read barcodes via integrated scanner
- RFID reading through optional devices
- Secure wireless LAN
Honda Transmission Manufacturing replaces poor performing rugged laptops with forklift-mounted rugged Windows tablets.Learn more
Rimports streamlines inventory operations using rugged Surface Pro tablet on forklifts.Learn more
Steeltek deployed rugged tablets and revolutionized the way they work. Productivity and efficiency followed.Learn more
Timberline utilizes Surface Pro 4 with rugged case for inventory and work-in-progress updates.Learn more