Rugged Tablets for Law Enforcement
Tablets, or more specifically rugged tablets, are quickly gaining ground as a preferred computing platform for mobile law enforcement applications. Tablets on the market today offer power, functionality, connectivity, enterprise-grade operating systems such as Windows 10, and ruggedness comparable to or exceeding laptops, with the added benefit of a lightweight, compact design that's highly mobile.
Rugged Windows tablets open the door to increased productivity and efficiency that go beyond the patrol car to include officers on foot or on motorcycle, bicycle, and horseback. This can not only help officers do their jobs better, but also lead to improved officer safety.
For law enforcement agencies, officers have access to better and more vital information on-site allowing individuals to quickly and accurately complete reports or respond to various needs.
- Collect and organize mission-critical data anywhere
- Wirelessly transfer evidence information or images to agencies
- Instantly access criminal records
- Real-time access to various databases
- Lightweight yet rugged for use in the field (outside of the vehicle)
- Eliminate errors and duplication of work
- Compact design takes up less space in squad car or motorcycle
- Field interviews
- Ticketing and citations
- Investigations (accident, criminal, etc.)
- Personnel tracking and deployment
- Field command center operations
- Security and crowd control
- Emergency response
- Real-time access to various department databases
- Photo evidence and cataloging
- Secure, user-friendly Windows Pro OS
- Devices built to survive rain, snow, dust, vibration, drops to concrete and other on-duty hazards
- All-light viewable display options
- Touchscreen for detailed drawings or signature capture
- Handheld, stationary or vehicle-mounted handling options
- Quick-release vehicle mounts to take the device in to the field
- Integrated, tethered or wireless barcode scanning
- Bluetooth and various I/O ports for attaching keyboard, printer and more
- Secure wireless LAN and WWAN communications
- GPS for location stamping and turn-by-turn directions
- Color camera for photo documentation
Sullivan Police Department (Mo.) deploys tablets at a fraction of the cost of previous in-vehicle laptops. Devices are also taken in to the field on certain calls.