Terms and Conditions of Sale
If there is a sales/purchase agreement ("Agreement") in effect between you and MobileDemand Corporation ("MobileDemand"), the terms and conditions of that Agreement shall apply to your purchase order, and the following terms and conditions shall not apply to your purchase orders.
In the absence of an Agreement, all orders placed by you (the "Customer") are subject to the following terms and conditions, as well as all additional terms and conditions presented in or accompanying a MobileDemand quotation or order acknowledgement. Conflicting, inconsistent or additional terms and conditions added to or included in Customer's purchase order ("Order") are specifically objected to and are not applicable to the Order.
- Orders: All Orders are subject to acceptance by MobileDemand, at its sole discretion, at its offices in Hiawatha, Iowa, U.S.A., even if taken elsewhere by a salesperson, sales agent, or representative. Products may not be returned without prior written authorization from MobileDemand. MobileDemand will consider requests for return of products of current design (for credit against future purchases only), subject to Customer prepaying return freight plus a reasonable handling charge as determined by MobileDemand. MobileDemand retains the right to make sole judgement in the acceptability of all returned items.
- Microsoft Surface Bundle tablets and accessories are non-returnable items
- Apple iPad Bundle tablets and accessories must be returned within 7 days and will incur a restocking fee.
- Unopened items authorized for return within 30 days from receipt, are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- Unopened items authorized for return 31 to 60 days from receipt are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
- No returns will be accepted if items were received more than 60 days from the date of request.
- Prices exclude: (i) freight and insurance; (ii) all applicable sales, use and excise taxes; and (iii) on-site installation assistance, training, and related services.
- List prices are subject to change by MobileDemand without notice.
- All prices are in United States dollars.
- Unless otherwise specifically stated therein, all MobileDemand quotations: (i) are based on receiving a single Order; (ii) are effective for that quotation only; (iii) are valid for 30 days; and (iv) exclude on-site installation or installation assistance, training, and services.
- Quotations may be adjusted for additional costs resulting from any changes in law, including but not limited to increased taxes or tariffs enacted after the date of any given quotation.
- Orders, greater than $10,000, placed on a credit card will incur a 3% processing fee.
- What is Covered: MobileDemand warrants that its products will be free from defects in material and/or workmanship which occur during normal use and perform substantially in accordance with MobileDemand specifications for the specified warranty period. MobileDemand will repair the equipment during the warranty period with new or rebuilt parts, free of charge in the United States. The price paid for the warranties include an initiation fee of $100-$150 (depending upon the product) for data entry and system setup services for the warranties purchased. A purchase receipt or other proof of date of original purchase may be required before warranty performance is rendered. Products and/or Services MobileDemand acquires from or through a manufacturer, distributor or other third-party provider and resells and/or provides to Customer will carry the original manufacturer's pass-through warranty, if any. Please see complete warranty terms and conditions at: https://www.ruggedtabletpc.com/warranty-info
- How to Obtain Warranty Service: Call MobileDemand Service and Support, 319-363-4121, between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday through Friday for warranty assistance, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Should equipment require service, MobileDemand will issue a Return Material Authorization (RMA) and shipping instructions. You can also request service for your MobileDemand device, by submitting an online RMA Request Form:
- Service Process: All products covered by this warranty will be serviced at MobileDemand’s designated Service Center. Unless otherwise instructed by MobileDemand, all products returned under warranty are to be shipped to the following address: MobileDemand Service Center 1501 Boyson Sq. Dr. Ste. 101 Hiawatha, IA 52233 The RMA number is to be legibly written on the outside of the shipping container. Product should be re-packaged in its original factory shipping packaging when returned for warranty service. If the original packaging is not available, Customer is to provide packaging of equivalent protection. MobileDemand 1501 Boyson Sq. Dr., Hiawatha, Iowa 52233 319.363.4121.
- Extended Warranty Availability: Our xProtect coverage protects your tablets from accidental damage, product defects, wear and tear, failures and any other damage that occurs when the tablet is used for what it was designed for in your real-world work environment. Additionally, you’ll get phone support, 24/7 access to FAQs and other important product information and a set commitment on repair turnaround time. The price paid for the warranties include an initiation fee of $100-$150 (depending upon the product) for data entry and system setup services for the warranties purchased. More information on xProtect Extended Warranty.
- Such software shall be used only for the processing of Customer's own business information, which may include servicing and maintaining records on behalf of its customers. Customer may not: (i) permit any third party to use the software; or (ii) reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, prepare derivative works of, or otherwise alter the software.
- Title to any software provided to Customer under any Order shall remain with the applicable licensor(s). Customer acknowledges that MobileDemand and the third-party licensor(s) own all right, title and interest (including but not limited to all related patent, copyright, and other intellectual property rights) in the software, any related documentation, and any software modifications and enhancements thereof, which shall remain the sole and exclusive property of MobileDemand or the third-party licensor(s).
- Hardware product may contain software for internal operation, or as embedded software or firmware that is generally not sold or licensed as a separate software product. Such software is proprietary, copyrighted, and may also contain valuable trade secrets and may be protected by patents. MobileDemand grants Customer a license to use the software code on, or in conjunction with, only the hardware product purchased under Customer's Order. 10.
- After an Order is accepted, Customer may only reschedule the Order one (1) time subject to: (i) providing MobileDemand written notice at least sixty (60) days prior to the original acknowledged delivery date; (ii) the requested rescheduled delivery date being no greater than sixty (60) days beyond the original acknowledged delivery date; and (iii) reimbursement to MobileDemand for its direct expenses incurred as a result of such reschedule.
- MobileDemand may, upon written notice to Customer, cancel any Order or portion thereof immediately if Customer's financial condition, in MobileDemand's reasonable judgement, indicates that it may not be able to comply with the specified payment terms, unless, upon MobileDemand's request, Customer immediately pays for all products shipped and that portion of the Order that has not yet shipped.
- These terms and conditions are in addition to, and do not override, the specific terms and conditions that are included in a sales order or quote.
- Assignments: Customer may not sublease or assign any of its rights or obligations under this contract for sale, including the right to receive payments due or to become due hereunder, without the prior written consent of MobileDemand, and any alleged assignment without such consent shall be void.
- Contract: There are no representatives, agreements, warranties, conditions, or obligations, expressed or implied, relating to the sale and purchase of MobileDemand products except as set forth herein. Customer's Order and MobileDemand's acceptance is the sole contract between the parties.
- Choice of Law: The construction, validity, and performance of the contract for sale between MobileDemand and Customer shall be governed by the laws of the State of Iowa, United States of America, without reference to its choice of law principles. Customer irrevocably consents to the jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Iowa and the United States District Court, for the trial of any lawsuit arising out of the contract for sale. Any action for the breach of the contract for sale must be commenced within one (1) year after the cause of action has occurred.
- Attorney Fees: In the event of litigation to enforce the terms of the contract of sale, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorney fees, both at the time of trial and on appeal.
- Waiver; Enforceability: Any waiver of the terms and conditions hereof, or any waiver of any breach hereof by Customer, either directly by MobileDemand or by operation of law or in equity, shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent failure of strict compliance with the performance of each and every item of the contract for sale. If any provision or provisions of the contract for sale are held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, such provision shall be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired.