Rugged Tablets for Transportation & Logistics
Bring mobility to your dimensioning with xDIM™ Mobile
xDIM™ Mobile is an NTEP Certified, innovative cloud-based mobile dimensioning system designed to help companies increase efficiencies, reduce costs and optimize space with patented software that quickly and accurately determine parcel dimensions from anywhere. The ability to measure boxes wherever they are enables a more mobile, agile workforce and replaces costly and cumbersome fixed measurement equipment.
- Rail – From tracking rolling stock to streamlining the delivery of people and freight, rugged PCs can help you manage your workforce and keep pace with the daily operations.
- Intermodal – Built to meet the demands of shock, vibration, moisture exposure and temperature extremes, our Windows devices let you analyze resource utilization, create schedules, evaluate capacity and plan transfers from one mode of transport to another.
- Planes & airports – The xTablets from MobileDemand, along with its tablet accessories, is a valuable tool in streamlining plane and airline operations, ensuring on-time departures and arrivals and meeting safety and regulatory requirements.
- Shipping & ports – Ideal for withstanding the harsh atmosphere of ports, warehouses, cold storage and dock transfer, rugged devices are versatile tools for supply chain management, vessel tracking and ship maintenance.
- Trucking – MobileDemand’s xTablet series of rugged computers are ideally suited for the trucking and transport industries, allowing truckers and fleet managers to succeed in demanding work conditions that allow little room for error.
- Communicate with workers in real-time
- Reduce costly paperwork
- Eliminate data entry errors
- Track container locations
- Optimize asset utilization
- Improve customer service
- Scan bar codes and capture signatures
- Capture images of damaged items
- Minimize downtime
Need barcodes for your products? Utilize the MobileDemand free barcode generator.
- Route optimization
- Capacity management
- Proof of service and/or delivery
- Inventory management
- Shipping and receiving
- Inspections and maintenance
- Various GPS and RFID applications
- Passenger ticketing
- In-transit visibility (ITV)
- Standard, full-screen software applications that run on Microsoft Windows Professional or Home Edition OS
- Intel processor for complex T&L applications
- Built rugged for drop, shock, water resistance, dust and temperature exposure
- Handheld, stationary or mounted handling options - Learn about vehicle mount tablets
- Long-life battery options
- All-light readable display for indoor and outdoor use
- Integrated, tethered or wireless barcode scanning to ensure accurate data collection
- RFID reading through optional devices
- Secure wireless LAN and WWAN connectivity for real-time communication
- Color cameras to capture images of damaged goods
- GPS for route optimization and fuel cost reduction
MobileDemand and PeopleNet streamline operations for Heniff Transportation Systems. Liquid bulk carrier anticipates savings of roughly $1,150,000 per year.
Since deploying the xTablet Flex rugged tablets, Erdner has seen significant improvements to product traceability and data visibility.
By deploying rugged tablets, fleets are reducing costs, increasing safety and compliance, and improving customer service. PeopleNet shows how.
With the upfront costs of investment in rugged tablets, it may be tempting to purchase consumer-grade tablets and equip them with durable, ruggedized cases. While this might be the right choice for …
For manufacturing and warehouse operations, being able to mount a rugged tablet to a forklift can greatly increase worker productivity. Before you purchase a rugged tablet and mounting system, there …
There are many benefits to mounting a rugged tablet to a forklift, truck, or other vehicle. If you decide to mount a tablet, you are faced with many questions, but there is one you must ask …
From retail to hospitals and field services to supply chain, barcodes have been used since 1974 to increase efficiency and engagement. They enhance data management and are becoming more dynamic in …