Rugged Solutions for Transportation & Logistics
Consumer behavior today now requires everything be available for ultra-rapid fulfillment at a reasonable price. In a highly competitive market, on-demand delivery can be the differentiator for many companies.
To speed up fulfillment options, supply chains are shifting to the local level. Today, many orders are being fulfilled from local stores or urban fulfillment centers. This method has many benefits including the ability to use up local inventory. Delivery can be done quickly and efficiently, boosting the customer experience and keeping up with supply chain trends.
Technology must also meet this demanding and quickly changing landscape. A main opportunity to providing this excellent customer experience is providing a rugged tablet as the basis for all software integration.
Logistics and supply chain managers can provide that hub with a MobileDemand Rugged Tablet. The xTablet can handle the complex data collection and tracking applications necessary for quick, convenient and easy fulfillment.
From warehouse floor data collection to delivery to a store or directly to the consumer, xTablets provide accurate, quick, easy and real-time information regarding your products.
The family of xTablets from MobileDemand allows you to streamline your entire supply chain operation from receiving to tracking through manufacturing, to the warehouse and finally to fulfillment. xTablets support ERP and warehouse management systems and can be mounted directly to the forklift for inventory management.
- Standard, full-screen software applications that run on Microsoft Windows
- Professional or Home Edition OS
- Intel processor for complex applications
- Built rugged for drop, shock, water resistance, dust and temperature exposure
- Handheld, stationary or mounted handling options - Learn about vehicle mounting options
- Long-life battery options
- All-light readable display for indoor and outdoor use
- Integrated, tethered or wireless barcode scanning to ensure accurate data collection
- RFID reading through optional devices
- Secure wireless LAN and WWAN connectivity for real-time communication
- Color cameras to capture images of damaged goods
- GPS for route optimization and fuel cost reduction
An xTablet from MobileDemand provides your company:
- A way to communicate with workers in real-time
- Reduces costly paperwork
- Eliminates data entry errors
- Tracks item location
- Improves customer service
- Scans bar codes and capture signatures
- Captures images of items
- Minimizes downtime
Logistics and local distribution centers can increase efficiency, reduce costs, and optimize space with easy and convenient xDIM Mobile large and small box dimensioning.
- Increase efficiency - Eliminates time moving items back and forth for measurement, increases speed and accuracy over the tape measure, captures product data to save time obtaining and entering later.
- Reduce costs - Accurate measurements mean fewer overage charges and allow shipping departments to make intelligent parcel or freight decisions avoiding extra costs.
- Optimize space - Accurate measurements optimize warehouse and truck trailer space and save money by optimizing warehouse and truck trailer space.
- Mobile ease and convenience - Easily dimension and weigh boxes in place, conveniently collect and send accurate data to enterprise systems while measuring from a mobile location.
Products and goods are being moved to the end user in record time due to the explosion of online purchasing.
The xScale S100 portable scale allows warehouse workers to weigh products on the go. The convenient and easy to use handheld scale allows the worker to move to the box to get a weight, not have to move the box to a stationary unit.
- Cuts down on time needed to weigh an item.
- Increases productivity by capturing weight right at the location of the item.
- Easy data collection - convenient, accurate and trusted data collection.
- Seamless integration with existing product information systems (PIMS), warehouse management systems (WMS), enterprise resource planning software (ERP) and other resource management platforms.
Download our xDIM Mobile Dimensioning white paper
Title: xDIM Mobile. Dimensioning just got easier.
Content: Cutting edge mobile volume dimensioning software allows you to quickly and accurately determine dimensions from anywhere. No need for an expensive stationary dimensioning system – just carry the MobileDemand rugged tablet you use every day to your boxes or truck. Maximize space, increase efficiency, reduce cost, and save money with xDIM™ Mobile.
MobileDemand and PeopleNet streamline operations for Heniff Transportation Systems. Liquid bulk carrier anticipates savings of roughly $1,150,000 per year.
Since deploying the xTablet Flex rugged tablets, Erdner has seen significant improvements to product traceability and data visibility.
By deploying rugged tablets, fleets are reducing costs, increasing safety and compliance, and improving customer service. PeopleNet shows how.
With the upfront costs of investment in rugged tablets, it may be tempting to purchase consumer-grade tablets and equip them with durable, ruggedized cases. While this might be the right choice for …
For manufacturing and warehouse operations, being able to mount a rugged tablet to a forklift can greatly increase worker productivity. Before you purchase a rugged tablet and mounting system, there …
There are many benefits to mounting a rugged tablet to a forklift, truck, or other vehicle. If you decide to mount a tablet, you are faced with many questions, but there is one you must ask …
From retail to hospitals and field services to supply chain, barcodes have been used since 1974 to increase efficiency and engagement. They enhance data management and are becoming more dynamic in …