MobileDemand Previewing New Pallet and Irregular Item Mobile Dimensioning Software and Mobile Smart Scale at ProMat 2023
CEDAR RAPIDS, IOWA – March 15, 2023 – MobileDemand, provider of rugged tablets, cases and all-in-one mobile computing solutions for enterprise productivity, today announced it will be unveiling the new, modern Bluetooth xScale S200 and previewing xDIM™ Mobile pallet and irregular item dimensioning software at ProMat 2023 in Chicago, March 20-23.
“We are excited to expand the capabilities of xDIM Mobile Dimensioning with new features including irregular and pallet dimensioning as well as introduce our new smart xScale S200,” said Matt Miller, MobileDemand President and CTO “There is an urgent need in the market for mobile capturing of dimensions and weights, indicated by the frequent customer requests we receive for pallet and irregular item mobile dimensioning, and we are pleased to offer this highly sought after solution.”
xDIM Mobile Dimensioning
xDIM Mobile Dimensioning (xDIM), powered by 4DMobile, is a software application used on rugged tablets with an Intel® RealSense™ 3D camera that quickly and accurately captures dimensions with a simple point-and-click.
The mobile, easy-to-use, point-and-click solution helps companies:
- Easily and quickly gather accurate dimensions and weight to avoid charges from inaccurate data enabling shipping departments to make intelligent decisions on boxes too large for parcel systems that should go as freight.
- Increase efficiency by collecting product item information, including dimensions and dim weight, scale weight, photos, barcode and RFID data with a single software application.
- Optimize space by improving storage utilization in distribution centers, warehouses, delivery vehicles and truck trailers.
- Streamline the reverse logistics process by determining the dimensions of a box for a returned product that arrived in damaged or unusable packaging at the point of receiving.
Currently on the market are the xDIM small and large box mobile dimensioning versions.
- Corner Method for Small to Medium Boxes: The standard version of xDIM captures box dimensions from 3-inches to 4-feet (48-inches) by pointing the tablet at the corner of a box. The corner method is certified by NTEP (an independent third-party certification by the National Council of Weights and Measures) as Legal for Trade. The certification ensures dimensions are accurate and reliable, meaning xDIM can legally be used for selling, purchasing, exchange, custody transfer, or establishing the cost for services or hiring on the basis of a measurement. xDIM provides dimensions within a half inch (0.5-inch) accuracy of the box’s true dimensions.
- 2-Step for Large Box: For those needing dimensions for large boxes such as televisions, appliances and furniture, xDIM offers an upgrade for large boxes up to 8-feet (96-inches). With the 2-Stepmethod, the tablet is pointed at the front of the box then the side of the box. The software then calculates the dimensions in just seconds.
At ProMat, MobileDemand will provide a sneak peek of the newest xDIM features: mobile dimensioning of pallets and irregular items, also known as uglies.
- Irregulars: MobileDemand will be giving a preview of the soon to launch xDIM for irregular items and other non-cuboidal objects. This version captures dimensions via an innovative bounding box outline of an item and can combine multiple objects into a single bounding box. Ideal for companies needing dimensions of padded envelopes and other non-box items or companies needing to determine accurate box size for objects such as furniture.
- Pallets: xDIM for pallets will also be previewed at ProMat. The revolutionary software captures dimensions of standard, cuboid shaped and mixed pallets in seconds. The xDIM software interface includes options to include or exclude the pallet from payload measurements as well as preselection of pallet sizes.
Each method offers the same core benefits: Mobility and convenience for frontline workers in warehouses, distribution centers and manufacturing facilities resulting in time savings, easier data management and improved data accuracy for smarter operations.
xDIM irregular and pallet dimensioning expected availability is late Q2, 2023. Patents pending.
The breakthrough xScale S200 is a completely portable, Bluetooth smart scale that can be used wherever items need to be weighed. Its lightweight, compact form, designed for personal portability, opens to an innovative Y-shape on which items are placed for weighing. The collapsible arms make it easy to carry and use, with a belt holster available to work hands free, ensuring the scale is conveniently available wherever it’s needed. The fully mobile, wireless solution enables workers to easily move with the scale throughout a facility and measure item weight without having to continually return to a stationary scale, saving substantial time.
Collected weight data for shipping and warehouse management systems is quickly captured by the xScale S200 and available via Bluetooth connection to a tablet or smart phone. The rechargeable battery last for 72-hours, ensuring it will easily last through multiple shifts. The xScale S200 can be used as a stand-alone device, integrated into line-of-business applications, or as part of xDIM to collect all pertinent product data.
All xDIM versions as well as the xScale S200 will be featured at ProMat in MobileDemand booth S4279, McCormick Place, Chicago, IL, March 20 – 23, 2023.
MobileDemand is a technology leader in rugged tablets and mobile computing solutions, committed to bringing more functionality and capabilities to the mobile workforce. Specializing in the design of integrated productivity tools for barcode scanning, point-of-sale, magnetic stripe reading, PIN pad entry, 3D and thermal imaging, dimension measurement, and mounting hardware for myriad on-the-go applications, the company is driving the future of mobile productivity. MIL-STD-810G certified, rugged protection features of cases and accessories empower organizations to get more done in the field with rugged tablets that withstand drops, dust, water, humidity and adverse conditions where unprotected electronics fail. Since 2003, the Iowa, USA-based company has grown to serve more than 40 countries. To learn more and contact MobileDemand, visit ruggedtabletpc.com.
Founded in 2016 by Matt Miller, 4DMobile, a companion company of MobileDemand, develops software with a mission to elevate workforce productivity and optimize space with innovative and convenient computer vision and mobile applications. Learn more at 4dmobilesoft.com.